Rss Feed
  1. The 'no-sleeping' challenge

    Tuesday, January 1, 2013


    I have been awake for 30 hours now.Yep. That's right. I did not sleep a wink last night didn't nap today either. What.on.Earth.is.going.on?


    This whole insane-sleep-deprived thing started last night when I said something about sleepingto a friend. He said he was up for 3 whole days. But the 3rd day he just went Wham! On the spot! Fell asleep. So I guess that's 2 straight days without sleeping. Do I believe him? I don't know. He could be lying. But how long can I  stay without sleeping. Curious. And to figure out what I did next won't require a genius. I challenged myself to not fall asleep. I'm gonna see how long I can go, up and running, without sleeping. I call it 'The 'no-sleeping' challenge'.
    It's really bizarre but I don't feel tired at all. Instead I took a shower at 5 AM in the morning. Yes, that's right. 5AM. I haven't showered at 5AM or even 6AM after school closed in November. I prayed and even made my bed. I never make my bed in the morning. or in the afternoon. Maybe if I'm expecting someone in the evening, I might make my bed. But I usually make my bed in the evening. Don't judge me but I kind of don't see a point in making bed. You are going to spend the whole day or part of the day in bed and again you go to sleep at night. I am very hyper right now. My brain is producing a whole heaps of dopamine.

    My mother was really surprised to see me up at 5AM. Her first question was 'Did you sleep at all last night?' 'Why are you up at this hour?' 'Seriously, what are you doing?' I was like 'Can't I get up a bit early? Is there a rule against me getting up early? Mom! It's me becoming active. It's a sign. You should be proud of your daughter. She was the first one to get up early today. Even before you, mom. Haha! Even before you.' (Stress on the even before you.) I then had a coffee and went out to the balcony. To see the 'morning view' of the street.

    Nayy. I was actually looking for people who had a bit too much fun last night. Celebrating New Year. It's like the walk of shame on Halloween. (How I met your mother) I saw 3 guys, who obviously didn't sleep at all last night. Probably on their way to home. Then I saw a group of 5 guys and a couple. I even saw a guy who looked like Adam Lambert. So it was a pretty productive New Year's day morning.

    Here are some of my New Year's firsts:
    - The first movie I saw was Spiderman 3.
    - The first thing I ate in the morning was cereal.
    - The first weird fact I realized about me was that I always have one eye open while washing my face. Every time I have to wash my face I first wash one half, with one eye open and then the half, with my other open. I noticed this today morning. Maybe I'm too afraid of dying in the shower or I feel like I might get grabbed or stabbed by fictional characters in horror movies.
    -The first picture I took was a picture of a half cut tree.
    -The first animal I saw was a goldfish.
    -The first person I saw was Nigella Lawson. I turned the TV on and there she was happily cooking in her beautiful huge kitchen. Which has a basket full of bright yellow lemons. I find them really fascinating. (I actually mean real lemons here. Do not take it as a dirty thing, you pervert!)

    That was my New Year's day morning. I am still up.I am gonna look like crap after this. Who needs sleep anyway? Sleeping is dumb. ( A part of me just died)

    Bye.

  2. 1 comments:

    1. Ahthu Naciem said...
      This comment has been removed by the author.

    Post a Comment