Rss Feed
  1. Happy New Year

    Monday, December 31, 2012

    Happy new year. 2013  is finally here.
    Tonight actually reminds of last year's new year's eve. That night had everyone's adrenaline pumping. Here's why.

    My cousin had promised me a dinner a while back, before New Year’s Eve but couldn't give me what she promised because she was so busy living a life. But she was free on New Year’s Eve so she took me out to dinner.

    We went to Monsoon’s restaurant to have lasagna. But when we sat down and gazed around we noticed that the atmosphere was quite romantic. The candle light and you know the romantic stuff. Couples surrounded us.  So it was a bit weird. But we weren’t gonna just sit there and we feel uncomfortable and awkward. We called her boyfriend and he came after a while.

    I’m just gonna cut to the chase. (We had Spaghetti bolognaise. Deliiicious.)  After our dinner we called a taxi and were waiting outside. My cousin wanted to buy ‘this tie’ for her boyfriend but we (as in cousin and I) were not able to spot the tie from the store which had ‘that tie’. The store was near the restaurant so they decided to go to the shop and spot it through the window. But I said otherwise and waited for the taxi while they took off for the store.

    As soon as they got to the store the taxi arrived. I called out to them and signaled them ‘Hey! Umm.. the taxi is here. Come on!’ They took their time to come and they were lazily walking the distance when a cycle came. It was after 12 AM so there were no vehicles or walkers so they were walking without paying that much attention.

    You know how drivers, mostly bike drivers drive real close to the pavement but they miss the walkers by kind of in a weaving pattern? The driver did exactly like that. But his front wheel went up the pavement while the back wheel was not on the pavement. The bike went straight the pavement, half the pavement. He lost control of the bike and the bike went woosh . He was thrown out and landed right in front of me.
    There I was shocked. I kind of expected him to get up and start yelling ‘Hey! What the hell is your problem? You just ruined my evening. This is not how I wanted to spend my New Year’s Eve.’  I had a reason why I expected that from him. He was not friendly looking. You know the scary kind whom you expect that kind of reaction from.

    However he was in pain so he took his leg in his arms and well, you can tell he was in pain. I was still standing there. Frozen. Trembling.  It was as if someone had just given me a shot of adrenaline. My cousin and her boyfriend got away without even a scratch. They came running as fast as they can to him. The taxi driver also got out, people from the restaurant and it was getting crowded. People were yelling ‘Ice’. ‘Take him to the hospital.’ ‘How did this happen?’
    My cousin and I were standing there not knowing what to do or how to react. Her whispering, ‘It was kind of my fault’ was not helping at all. The police came a few minutes later and they took them to the hospital.  Some of the people from the crowd knew her boyfriend and they kept asking him what happened and there was a lot of other stuff, which I can’t remember. And the taxi driver kept asking if we wanted to go home or not. But my cousin was like ‘I can’t go home. It would be wrong. How can I go home?’ The typical reaction you expect from someone who just had an accident.

    Since the crowd was clearing off we decided to go home.  We were shaking on our way home and were so nervous. I’m sure she would blame it on her for the rest of her life if the man had any permanent damage.
    Her boyfriend called her and said the guy couldn't even put his foot down. And there was something about not being able to walk and stuff.  Luckily, we were able to sleep because he was taken to IGMH where her friend was on duty. She called and said there were no major injuries. Just some bruises. Thank god.  Our parents didn't know about the accident to this day. If they did, you know how parents always over react to stuff like this.

    That was New Year’s Eve 2012. Today, no accidents. So yay me.

    Have a great day. 





  2. 2 comments:

    1. Anonymous said...

      this was fun nyt! ^.^ and yeah he is fine now! i met him recently! =)

    2. Sau said...

      Reminds me of the old times. :3
      I wish him well.

    Post a Comment