Rss Feed
  1. Playing Bishop-02

    Wednesday, March 6, 2013



    “Bishop takes Knight. Check.” A man in his mid-forties said.
    “John, did your men take care of the business I talked to you about?”
    “King to rook two.” John said. “Yes sir!” John put his drink down on the shiny, priceless crystal table. Their maid has outdone herself yet again.
     “Rook to king’s rook three.  Check.” The man in his mid-forties made a circle in the air and closed his eyes. He had a fat Cuban cigar in his left hand.
    “Bishop to rook three. “ John said. “He took a plane to Heathrow today evening. It seems like he is headed to Hampshire.”
     The man put out his cigar after a long, deep drag. “Yeah! I’m not too pleased to hear that John! Bishop takes Bishop.”
     John carefully observed the chess board and took a deep breath. “Rook to bishop four.”
    “Rook takes Rook.”
    “Pawn takes rook”
    “Bishop to bishop seven.”
    “Queen takes knight pawn.”
     “Bishop to bishop eight. Discover check.” The man got up from his chair and said, “Take care of it John. Trust me; you do not want to see me disappointed.”
    John nodded obediently while the man headed out of the door.


    “Are you sure ma’am?” The officer asked.
    “Yes! I’m quite certain.” Laura said. “I would like to rest now officers.”
    The bald officer smiled and said “Have a good day ma’am.” and headed out of the emergency room.
    The man who assaulted Laura was still standing at the entrance of the emergency room. Giving Laura the cold stare which he has been giving her since their first ‘meeting.’ The man crossed his arms and started walking towards Laura.

    Laura tightened her fists around the sheets as if it was the last thing between her and death. ‘If I let go I will fall off this cliff.’ Laura thought to herself. The man finally approached her and he reached out his right hand towards Laura. Assuming he was going to hit her again Laura punched the man in his face with her knuckles.
    Her sensory nerves detected the stimulus promptly and she began to feel the impact of the collision between her knuckles and the man’s hard cheek bones.

    However, to her great surprise the man did not even flinch an inch. Instead he reached out to the juice jug on the side cupboard. Laura had a closer look at the tattoo on his forearm this time. He then poured himself a glass and drank it in one gulp and burped real loud. Laura was taken aback by his actions. ‘Oh shit!’ Laura thought to herself.
    “Yes! You are in a quite shitty situation right now. You just hit me in the face.” He said while putting down the glass on the side cupboard.
    Laura explained her actions when she realized that she has spoken her mind. “I am sorry. I thought you were going to-“but was cut off short by him.
     “Hit you? ” He said sharply  “We are even now. At least I don’t have to apologize.”
    He reached to his pocket and took out some dollars. After carefully counting them he handed $500 to her and said “Compensation.”

    Laura was taken aback by this and could not come up with a clever comeback. She was just sitting on her bed, puzzled as ever when he exited the room.
     Nonetheless she took out her cell phone and dialed a number and said “I think I found him.”




    I know. I promised that the next part would be longer. But I wrote this just now and I just couldn't wait to make it longer and then post it. Maybe the next part.

    Bye. 

  2. 0 comments:

    Post a Comment